Often women suffer in silence with disorders or dysfunctions that can be treated. 1 in 3 women deal with leakage during sneezing, laughing, coughing or exercising! Dysfunctions such as low back pain with pregnancy, urinary or fecal leakage, pain with intercourse and lower abdominal pain, can all be treated by a Physical Therapist. A Women’s Health Certified Physical Therapist is someone who specializes in the treatment of women’s medical conditions, such as the above issues.
We are the experts in caring for you during and after pregnancy and in caring for all of your musculoskeletal needs. Our Director of Rehabilitation has been specializing in the area of women’s health since 1999 and keeps our staff educated to stay at the forefront of all pelvic health Physical Therapy treatments!
There are specific issues that arise for men that can be addressed with physical therapy. While back pain, athletic injuries and other orthopedic injuries are well known to be commonly treated by physical therapy, most men do not realize physical therapy can also help with male-only pelvic dysfunctions. Some of these common dysfunctions can be treated at Smart Body Physical Therapy with Pelvic Floor Rehab.
- Abdominal Pain and Rectal Pain related to the Musculoskeletal System
- Constipation due to Outlet Obstruction
- Chronic Pain while sitting
- Difficulty with Bowel Movements
- Erectile Dysfunction (some cases)
- Male Urinary and/or Fecal Incontinence
- Urinary Leakage Post-Prostatectomy
- Abdominal, Bladder, Pelvic, Vaginal and Tailbone Pain
- Back and Sacroiliac (SI) Pain
- Chronic Constipation due to Outlet Obstruction
- Diastasis Recti Abdominus
- Leakage of Urine or Stool
- Painful Intercourse
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Post-Episiotomy/C-Section Pain
- Post-Partum Recovery
- Post-Pelvic Radiation Recovery
- Pregnancy Related Back/SI Pain
A Wealth of Pelvic Health Information
- Why Every New Mom Needs Pelvic Physical Therapy
- Pelvic Floor Rehab for Erectile Dysfunction
- Understandingh Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Treating Patients with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- How Women Can Heal After Childbirth
- Questions to ask your Pelvic Physical Therapist
- Painful Sex Solutions
- Common Pelvic Floor Rehab Misconceptions
- Pelvic Floor Rehab to Find Relief
- Why isn’t my Doctor Telling Me About Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy?