Women's and Men's Health
We are the women's rehab specialists!
Often women suffer in silence with disorders or dysfunctions that can be treated. Dysfunctions such as low back pain with pregnancy, urinary or fecal leakage, pain with intercourse and lower abdominal pain, can be treated by a physical therapist. A women's health physical therapist is someone who specializes in the treatment of women's medical conditions.
We are the experts in caring for you during pregnancy and in caring for all of your musculoskeletal needs. Our Director of Rehabilitation has been specializing in the area of women's health since 1999.
- Abdominal, Bladder, Pelvic, Vaginal and Tailbone Pain
- Back and Sacroiliac (SI) Pain
- Chronic Constipation due to Outlet Obstruction
- Diastasis Recti Abdominus
- Leakage of Urine or Stool
- Painful Intercourse
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Post-Episiotomy/C-Section Pain
- Post-Partum Recovery
- Post-Pelvic Radiation Recovery
- Pregnancy Related Back/SI Pain
At Smart Body Physical Therapy we treat post prostatectomy and male urinary incontinence.
"Pelvic Floor re-education was significantly more effective than placebo treatment in decreasing both the duration and degree of incontinence after radical prostatectomy, with the greatest difference being in the first 4 months after surgery. Since there are no side effects or risks from therapy, the authors advise that physiotherapy be offered to all patients with incontinence from day 1 after catheter removal."
- Van Kampen M, De Weerdt W, Van Poppel H, De Ridder D, Feys H, Baert L. Effect of pelvic floor re-education on duration and degree of incontinence after radical prostatectomy: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2000; 355(9198): 98-102.